Notice: Undefined variable: tiemstamp in /var/www/vhosts/provincialnetwork.ca/httpdocs/wp-content/themes/cseven/single-jobs.php on line 42
News & Events
Description of the role
Would you like to… work with an enthusiastic and committed team; share new and creative ideas? If so, Empower Simcoe may be just the place for you!
We are one of the largest accredited community living organizations in Ontario with over 525 employees and an annual operating budget of over $45 million. We provide services through a variety of programs in the Barrie, Orillia and surrounding areas. As an organization, we look for individuals who demonstrate initiative, collaboration, resilience and creative problem-solving skills.
You can expect a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace. You can expect a competitive compensation package, comprehensive extended benefits, participation in group RRSP with 100% matching contributions up to 5% of gross earnings and support to succeed through our extensive training and development program. If you have the qualifications, attributes and skills we are seeking, then we would like you to join our team of dedicated employees.
We are recruiting for one permanent full time Community Support Services Supervisor to provide leadership and supervision in a team environment; to ensure the service functions in a manner that is efficient and effective and that it adheres to the philosophy of individualized supports. To undertake a significant community development responsibility that makes connections with community services and creates new opportunities.
Supervisors are accountable for the performance of front-line staff, ensuring quality supports and services are provided and maintained. The successful candidate will provide leadership and supervision to their teams through coaching, mentoring and developing a positive/harmonious team environment. Supervisors are responsible for ensuring a safe and healthy work environment for all people supported, staff, students, volunteers and visitors and ensuring all staff are educated and accountable under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Internal Responsibility System. This position works up to 37.5 hours per week.
Minimum requirements of this position include:
• Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Developmental Services or a closely related field; or a combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities, as determined by the employer;
• A minimum of 2 years recent full-time supervisory experience in a Social Services environment.
• Demonstrated ability to apply leadership and supervisory principles in an ever-changing environment, including effective delegation, motivation and development of staff, conflict resolution and crisis management;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work in a computerized environment;
• Working knowledge of The Council on Quality and Leadership values and the proven ability to convert the Personal Outcome Measures and Basic Assurances into operational practices at all sites;
• Knowledge of the Quality Assurance Measures Act, Ministry of Labour regulations, Occupational Health and Safety Act;
• Current valid certificates in First Aid/CPR and NVCI;
• Valid Class G driver’s license and reliable transportation;
• Participating fully in a 24 hour per day, seven day per week on-call system on a rotational basis;
• Providing assistance and/or coverage for Supports and Services Supervisors during periods of absence as required;
Duties and responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
• Assisting the Support and Services Manager in overall program development and recommending changes in accordance with CQL values and approach to convert these outcomes into operational practice;
• Ensuring a current ISP is in place and regularly reviewed for all individuals receiving service;
• Ensuring that individual records are maintained in accordance the Standards of Practice of the Agency;
• Facilitating referrals, where necessary, to other services/agencies on behalf of individuals supported;
• Ensuring appropriate professional recommendations/assessments are current for individuals receiving service based on their support needs;
• Building and supporting relationships in collaboration with individuals including community options, formal/informal volunteers and other natural support networks;
• Maintaining communication with all Community Support Services locations to facilitate effective program functions and activities;
• Scheduling and managing all staff hours of work and vacation requests in conjunction with the Site Coordinator where applicable;
• Coaching, mentoring and effecting change in attitude and performance of staff; ensuring on going formal and informal supervision is occurring and is documented;
Empower Simcoe is committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where everyone feels respected and valued. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or disability. Applications are encouraged from those who reflect the diversity of our community.
Empower Simcoe is committed to being non-discriminatory and providing equal and barrier-free selection and appointment processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to this position, please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to Be, Belong and Thrive.
SUBMIT APPLICATION BY:
Internal 4:00pm Thursday, June 9, 2022
External 4:00pm Thursday, June 23, 2022
We thank all those who apply for this position. However, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered. If you have any issues with the application process, please contact Human Resources at 705-726-9082 ext. 2255 or email@example.com.
Job Posting #22-47
Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Developmental Services or a closely related field; or a combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities, as determined by the employer.