News & Events
, Niagara Region
Description of the role
As the leader in the developmental services sector and recipient of Hamilton-Niagara’s Top Employers 2022 Award, Bethesda’s Adult Clinical Services requires a Full-Time Contract Behaviour Consultant. This position will work out of the Schmon Centre, promoting Bethesda’s Vison, Mission, Values, and quality care. The Behaviour Consultant will work collaboratively with individuals, caregivers, community partners, clinical team and the Clinical Manager. This role will develop and provide behavioural supports, within a variety of settings across the Niagara Region. The duration of this contract is seven (7) months.
• Manage caseload
• Meet with support staff and/or family members for information gathering
• Attend community behavioural committee meetings
• Develop Behaviour Assessment Reports, Behaviour Support Plans (BSP) and Positive and Preventative Strategies (PSPS)
• Create data collection sheets and monitor client behaviour changes through data collection
• Ensure Behaviour Support Plans are being implemented through reviewing contact notes, observing staff, modeling, and weekly data analysis and adherence checks
• Mediate programming conflicts between families and support agencies
• Provide training to staff, family, caregivers, etc. regarding implementation of BSP’s and PSPS.
• Consult with Consulting Psychologist
• Facilitate skill-building groups for individuals and caregivers
• All other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: • Bachelor Degree in Psychology or related Social Science with training in Applied Behaviour Analysis. • Board Certified Behaviour Analyst Certification (BCBA) preferred. • 3-5 years’ experience working with adults with development disabilities/behaviour challenges • Member of the Ontario Association for Behaviour Analysis (ONTABA) • Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office • Excellent communication skills • Valid driver’s license