News & Events
, Niagara Region
Description of the role
As the leader in the developmental services sector and recipient of Hamilton-Niagara’s Top Employers 2022 Award, Bethesda’s Adult Clinical Services is currently recruiting for the position of Communicative Disorder Assistant. This position will be based in Vineland, Ontario.
The role of the Communicative Disorder Assistant will be to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to support a therapeutic milieu for individuals with developmental disabilities, provide time limited treatment and training services across the assigned geographical area to individuals, their families, and support providers in the community.
Some of the key responsibilities of this position will be:
• Provide in-person and virtual, time-limited intervention services to individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities and a broad range of communication needs
• Develop and deliver trainings and workshops to provide communication strategies to caregivers and supports within the community
• Implement group and individual treatment programs targeting speech, language, augmentative-alternative communication (AAC), fluency, and social communication goals
• Assist with preparation and development of treatment materials and completion of projects within the Speech & Language department
• Work collaboratively with Speech-Language Pathologist and other clinical team members to develop and deliver interdisciplinary treatment programs
• Maintain clinical records and treatment progress reports
• Attend team meetings as scheduled
Qualifications • Post-graduate diploma or certificate from a recognized Communicative Disorders Assistant program • Member in good standing with the Communicative Disorders Assistant Association of Canada (CDAAC) • Knowledge of speech and language treatment theories, methods, and techniques • Background in intellectual and developmental disabilities an asset • Demonstrated ability to work independently without daily supervision, while planning and delivering speech and language services • Demonstrated ability to work as a team member • Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills • Strong computer skills • First Aid an asset • Valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a vehicle