News & Events
, Niagara Region
Description of the role
Bethesda’s Children’s Services is seeking one (1) Part Time Contract Behaviour Therapist. The duration of this contract is eight (8) months.
The role of the Behaviour Therapist will be to provide short term services and supports based on the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) to families and their children (up to age 18) who have a diagnosis within Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). This position will report to the Manager of Children’s Services and will work under the clinical supervision of a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst. Some of the key responsibilities of this position will be:
• Complete a wide variety of behaviour assessments, observations and consultations
• Write, evaluate and implement behaviour programs
• Conduct clinic appointments and brief consultation
• Provide coaching, teaching and training about Applied Behaviour Analysis and Autism Spectrum Disorders to families/caregivers and community partners
• Develop and facilitate workshops for caregivers and community partners
• Develop and implement an ABA treatment plan that includes goal setting, research, and assisting families in acquiring ABA knowledge and skills
• Plan and implement children and parent groups
• Consultation and liaison with internal and external service providers and referral sources
• Offer support, advice and consultation to families
• Administrative tasks including clinical documentation and material preparation
QUALIFICATIONS Applicants must have a Master’s level education in Psychology or related field. At least 3 years’ experience working with children with ASD and proven skills in the areas of Behavioural Assessments and Interventions, Service Coordination, ABA, and treatment planning with children and youth with ASD is required. BCBA certification an asset. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Word). Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and ongoing access to a vehicle. English/ French bilingualism is an asset.