Notice: Undefined variable: tiemstamp in /var/www/vhosts/provincialnetwork.ca/httpdocs/wp-content/themes/cseven/single-jobs.php on line 42
News & Events
Community Living Huntsville
Community Living Huntsville
Description of the role
Make a difference in people’s lives while we make a difference in yours. Grow your career as a Direct Support Professional at Community Living Huntsville!
OUR TEAM IS GROWING!
Our passionate team of Direct Support Professionals are committed to advancing inclusion for people who live with developmental disabilities in Muskoka. In this role, you will have a positive impact on the people you support every day. You will assist individuals with all aspects of daily life in their homes and as active participants in our community.
· Provide daily support for people in their homes and community by using an approach that respects their independent choices and abilities.
· Foster connection by supporting people with their relationships with family, friends, community members, community associations, and employers.
· Seeks out new opportunities in our community for people to become engaged and advocates for the creation of inclusive settings.
· Coordinate and facilitate planning meetings with respect to an individual’s Person Directed Plan. This includes developing a growing understanding of the person, identifying the valued social roles that can be developed, and creating action plans to support the person’s goals.
We want our team members to feel supported and find their unique fit within our organization. We offer:
· Employer paid benefits
· 75 hours bi-weekly, with the ability to pick up additional hours
· Competitive hourly pay rate. Currently eligible for $3 per hour Wage Enhancement.
· Opportunities for advancement
· Rewarding work in a positive team environment
· Knowledge and commitment to the principles of inclusion and the disability rights movement
· DSW diploma or 2-year diploma in human services
· Strong written and oral communication skills, and computer proficiency
· Ability to obtain a clear Vulnerable Sector Check
· Current First Aid/CPR certification, or willingness to obtain
· Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to be used in course of employment
· Physical ability to support people (some with limited mobility) in all aspects of daily living and in a wide range of settings
· Free of communicable diseases
· Ability, availability and commitment to work a variety of shifts that include weekends
We believe our differences make us stronger, which is why we are committed to building a team that is diverse and inclusive.
If you need accommodations in the application process, or require this job posting in an alternative format, please contact us at 705-783-1816.