News & Events
Community Living Huntsville
Community Living Huntsville
Description of the role
Are you looking for a meaningful career that empowers you to create social change? Do you want to make a difference in people’s lives and in your community? Launch, grow, or reimagine your career as an Employment Specialist with Community Living Huntsville!
Our passionate team of Direct Support Professionals is dedicated to advancing inclusion for people who live with developmental disabilities in North Muskoka. As an Employment Specialist, you will support people with disabilities in their person-directed goals to achieve and maintain meaningful and fulfilling employment, promote understanding and disability inclusion with local employers and workplaces, and help build a strong community where everyone feels a sense of belonging, purpose, and connection.
And while you are making a difference in people’s lives, we work hard to make a difference in yours with competitive pay, employer-paid benefits, a robust Employee and Family Assistance Program, positive team environment, and opportunities for advancement.
· Provide support for people in their workplaces and community by using an approach that respects their independent choices and abilities.
· Coordinate and facilitate planning meetings with people on their Person-Directed Plans, which includes growing an understanding of the person, identifying valued social roles that can be developed, and creating action plans to support the person’s employment goals.
· Foster connections by supporting people in their relationships with employers, community members, community associations, friends, and family.
· Advocate for the creation of inclusive settings in a way that promotes greater inclusion in our community.
· Opportunity to cross-train and pick up additional shifts in our residential homes, becoming versed in different aspects of the organization
We want our team members to feel supported and find their unique fit within our organization. We offer:
· Employer-paid benefits.
· 75 hours bi-weekly with the ability to pick up additional hours.
· Competitive hourly pay rate. Currently eligible for $3 per hour Wage Enhancement.
· Opportunities for advancement.
· Rewarding work in a positive team environment.
· Knowledge and commitment to the principles of inclusion and the disability rights movement.
· Direct Support Worker diploma, or 2-year diploma in human services.
· Strong written and oral communication skills, and computer skills.
· Ability to obtain a clear Vulnerable Sector Check.
· Current First Aid/CPR certification, or willingness to obtain.
· Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to be used in course of employment.
· Physical ability to support people, some with limited mobility, in all aspects of daily living and in a wide range of settings.
· Ability, availability, and commitment to work a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends.
Apply today to join us as an Employment Specialist so you can use your skills, make an impact, and spark social change!
We believe our differences make us stronger, which is why we are committed to building a team that is diverse and inclusive.
If you need accommodations in the application process, or require this job posting in an alternate format, please contact us at 705-783-1816.