News & Events
Lutheran Community Care
Hybrid position will require travel to service area for in person assessments., Kenora, Dryden, Sioux Lookout, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie or Sudbury (Northern Ontario)
Lutheran Community Care
Description of the role
Vacancies – 1 FTE (Hybrid)
Opening Date – January 16th, 2023
Closing Date – February 3rd, 2023 (4:30 pm EST)
Expected Start Date – April 3rd, 2023
Kenora, Dryden, Sioux Lookout, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie or Sudbury
As a member of the Developmental Services Ontario Northern Region team the successful candidate will fulfill the following responsibilities:
– Maintain required qualifications for completing MCCSS provincial application package
– Confirm eligibility for Ministry of Children Community and Social Services Adult Developmental Services and Supports
– Complete the MCCSS application package that consists of two semi-structured interviews to help explore interests, goals and dreams and to help identify a person’s support needs
– Through service navigation provide information about adult developmental services and community based services
The Assessor/Navigator is an essential program staff of Developmental Services Ontario Northern Region with involvement in information provision, completion of the Application for Developmental Services and Support, administration of the Supports Intensity Scale, and assisting eligible individuals with service navigation.
– An undergraduate degree in Social Work or a similar Human Services discipline
– Ideally five years of experience within the Human Services field including intake processes, conducting assessments and providing service coordination or equivalent
– Demonstrated ability to relate to individuals with a developmental disability and their families with sensitivity and respect
– Ability to explain complex ideas in plain terms, research the availability of community services, and organize self to respond to high work demands
– Extensive technical knowledge around computer software, data base, video conferencing, Microsoft program and applications
– Excellent communication and interviewing skills
– Valid Drivers’ License with acceptable abstract, reliable vehicle, appropriate insurance
– Ability to travel throughout Northern Region
– Familiarity with other community sectors such as Children, Education, Justice, Housing and Health
– The ability to speak Ojibway, Oji-Cree or French
Conditions of Employment:
– Successful completion of a Criminal Records Check, Physical Examination report, Conflict of Interest declaration and Oath of Confidentiality.
– Completion of employer-provided training on the administration of the Application for Developmental Services and Supports (ADSS) and Supports Intensity Scale (SIS) within the probationary period is a condition of employment.
– The Assessor/Navigator is required to maintain his/her qualification as a SIS® assessor as prescribed by the American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities as a condition of continued employment.
– Must reside in one of our areas of service or be able to commute to an office in one of our service areas; capacity to work remotely may be required
– Normal hours of work are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday and flexibility may be required dependent upon client needs.
Main Competencies Required:
– Strong interview skills, good active listening ability, comfortable rapport with people of all abilities, and a good sense of when additional inquiry/questioning is required to clarify ambiguity;
– A person-centred approach to facilitation, ability to focus the discussion on the support needs and priorities of the individual, and ability to identify nuanced differences between the priorities of the individual and those of other care providers
– Professional communication: demonstrate Integrity through work ethic, personal accountability, professional image, and ethical behavior in all written or spoken communication.
– Adaptable: showing that you are open to change, dealing effectively with change, and taking responsibility for changing your behaviours as the requirements of a situation change;
– recognizing the need for change rather than being opposed to it or trying to hinder it
– coping with various circumstances and showing flexibility in order to carry out your work objectives.
– Cognitive adaptability allowing you to think through different potential scenarios and plan for various outcomes.
– Adaptable personality allowing you to both see a situation for what it is and what it can become. When facing a challenge, you are able to see the full picture. You can acknowledge imperfections while also seeing opportunities.
Compensation and Total Rewards:
– $30.75 – $33.64 per hour dependent on experience.
– Extended health and dental plan after 3 months.
– dental care
– vision care
– life insurance
– long-term disability
– employee assistance program
– Employer RRSP contribution begins upon hire with no match requirement.
– 13 paid sick days per year + 5 paid sick or personal days per year
– Work life balance – paid one-hour lunch and codified Right to Disconnect.
– Experienced and supportive team with defined expectations and responsibilities.
– Please provide a cover letter demonstrating your professional writing and a resume demonstrating your education and experience to email@example.com.
– The hiring team will evaluate your documents against the job description. Should you be selected for an interview, a member of our human resources team will reach out to you.
– The interview process may require one or two in-person (virtual) meetings of approximately 1 hour each. Should you be selected for final steps:
– You will receive a link to complete a work personality index to be completed
– An offer, conditional upon satisfactory reference checks and credential verifications, will be provided to you.
– Upon your acceptance, your references will be checked and credentials will be verified.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our office Toll Free 1-855-376-6673
An undergraduate degree in Social Work or a similar Human Services discipline
$30.75 - $33.64 per hour CAD
- Extended health and dental plan after 3 months. - paramedical - prescription - dental care - vision care - life insurance - long-term disability - employee assistance program - Employer RRSP contribution begins upon hire with no match requirement. - 13 paid sick days per year + 5 paid sick or personal days per year