News & Events
Description of the role
Ongwanada is committed to improving the quality of life for hundreds of people with developmental disabilities and their families in Kingston and eastern Ontario and is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to fill the following position:
PERMANENT PART TIME PSYCHOLOGIST
File No: OP-22-16
Date Posted: July 18, 2022
Closing Date: Until Filled
Hours of Work: 29 hours weekly
Wage: Hourly: Start – $51.71-$56.55
POSITION: To provide Psychological Services to individuals (child and adolescent) with developmental disabilities who are supported by Ongwanada/affiliated with service providers in the East Region.
• Conducting psychological assessment and interventions
• Utilizing behavioural, counseling or related techniques to ameliorate interfering behaviours and to promote appropriate behaviours in clients;
• Providing consultation and monitoring of Behaviour Support Plans;
• Providing clinical consultation to Ongwanada staff and other agencies as required;
• Planning and conducting research and program evaluation projects
• Other related duties as required.
For the complete position description please contact Human Resources through email@example.com
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
• Current registration as a Psychologist in the province of Ontario and successful completion of a Ph.D. in Psychology or a Psy.D., preferably at a Canadian university;
• Clinical Psychologist must be registered with the ability to provide services for children (age 12 and under) as well as adolescents.
• Knowledge of legislation and Standards of Practice;
• Experience in providing psychological services to persons with developmental disabilities (including those people with dual diagnosis/challenging/complex behaviour), their families and care providers is essential;
• Experience in supervision of both students and non-registered staff is preferred;
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
• Sound judgment, counseling, supervisory, teaching and organization skills;
• Comfortable in learning new technologies with mastery of existing technologies;
• Willingness to apply for appointment as a Clinical Supervisor in the Department of Psychology, Queen’s University;
• Must successfully complete and maintain certification in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention as per Ongwanada policies;
• Must possess a valid G Driving License with full driving privileges, insurances and have access to own vehicle;
• Bilingual in French and English an asset.
Les candidats bilingues sont fortement encouragés à soumettre leur candidature.
Please submit a Cover Letter & Current Resume quoting file number by the noted closing date to:
Human Resources Specialist, Human Resources
191 Portsmouth Avenue
Kingston, ON K7M 8A6 Fax (613) 548-8135
• Current registration as a Psychologist in the province of Ontario and successful completion of a Ph.D. in Psychology or a Psy.D., preferably at a Canadian university; • Clinical Psychologist must be registered with the ability to provide services for children (age 12 and under) as well as adolescents.
$52.23 - $57.12 CAD