Notice: Undefined variable: tiemstamp in /var/www/vhosts/provincialnetwork.ca/httpdocs/wp-content/themes/cseven/single-jobs.php on line 42
News & Events
Description of the role
Full Time Contract Occupational Therapist
Bethesda Community Services is seeking Full Time, Full Time Contract and Part Time Occupational Therapists. The Occupational Therapist will work collaboratively with other professionals to provide quality programs and services to individuals and their families. This position will be based out of Thorold. Travel may be required to complete assessments and treatment programming with clients throughout Hamilton, Niagara, Haldimand/Norfolk and Brant communities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting assessment and treatment as required for individuals who have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD), Intellectual Disability (ID) and/or Developmental Disability (DD).The Occupational Therapist will develop and implement direct and indirect intervention plans. In conjunction with other clinicians, the successful candidate will be required to complete assessments, provide treatment and provide subsequent service referrals/recommendations, as appropriate.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy (Master’s Preferred)
• 2-3 years’ experience as an Occupational Therapist
• Experience working with adults who have an ID, DD and/or ASD
• Current registration with COTO and with a professional association (i.e. Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists or Ontario Society of Occupational Therapists)
• Training in Sensory Processing is an asset
• NVCI training is an asset
• French/English bilingualism is an asset