Registration is Open!
2023 DS HR Forum – October 25th & 26th, 2023
Click Here to Register: : https://DSHRForum2023.eventbrite.ca
Location: Sheraton Hotel and Conference Centre, Toronto Airport
Time: Wed, Oct 25, 2023 8:00 AM – Thu, Oct 26, 2023 1:30 PM
Cost: Early Bird until August 14th – $495
The Annual PN HR Forum is a highly regarded event for HR Professionals, Senior Management, Communications Professionals, Direct Support Professionals and Colleges in the DS Sector. This popular event provides an excellent opportunity for professional development, networking and practical information-sharing.
The following are the streams are highlighted in the sessions:
- Innovations in Technology
- Lawyer Sessions, highlighting current HR issues
- Workplace Learning and Development
- HR Practices
- Marketing and Promotion
- Direct Support Employee Practices
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion emerging practices
Please note that we have sold out in the Hotel Rooms at the Sheraton and we are currently sources other hotels in the area.
Stay tuned for this year’s program!
Link to last year’s program: 2022 DSHR Forum – Agenda and Session Descriptions. 2022-09-25
Add- on Session:
Please note that this year’s HR forum will be followed by the
CEO / Executive Director Orientation Session
Hosted by Community Living Ontario and the Provincial Executive Director’s Coordinating Committee, in cooperation with the Provincial Network on Developmental.
Thursday, October 26th 2023, 1:30-4:30 pm
This half-day orientation session is intended for senior leaders ̶ CEOs, EDs, or senior staff members involved in succession planning to provide them with information and support to be better equipped to excel in their roles. Attendees will learn about and discuss relevant topics and issues that affect senior leaders in not-for-profit agencies.
- Overview of Provincial Organizations including Community Living Ontario, PEDCC, OASIS, and Provincial Network
- Board Mandate, Role, and Responsibilities,
- Policy Governance Model,
- Resources and Capabilities for Building Inclusive Communities,
- Partnership with the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services,
- Self-Advocacy and the People First Movement,
- Person-Directed Approaches, and
- Human Rights and a Rights-based Approach.