News & Events
Description of the role
Working to promote Bethesda’s values, vision and mission statement and quality client care, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative support for Passport and Infection Prevention and Control “(IPAC”).
• Assist with purchases and processing of supports and services through the Passport Program funded by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services.
• Provide support to the IPAC Champion as required and requested
• Schedule meetings, appointments
• Maintain a variety of databases to track and trend information related to IPAC measures across all regions
• Edit newsletters, receive articles, and develop layout as well as ensuring grammar and spelling are correct
• Provide regular communication with service providers to share information, provide updates or revisions to guidance and directives
• Manage and update distribution list for HNHB agencies
• Process payroll
• Attend meetings and take minutes as required
• Register staff for seminars and workshops, book hotel rooms and flights as needed
• Order office supplies and other items
• Provide reception duties at various locations when required
• College Diploma in Office Administration or related field is required • Two to three years related experience is required • Demonstrated proficiencies in Microsoft Office • Strong understanding of e-mail and the Internet/website development, administration, and monitoring • Strong ability to organize and prepare reports, plans and evaluations • The ability to create and maintain spreadsheets and databases • The ability to transcribe minutes, and maintain variety of filing systems • Experience coordinating meetings and events • Experience developing and copy editing promotional materials (i.e. Brochures and Newsletters) • General administrative duties including professional and polite office reception • Ability to travel between various work locations • Strong commitment to privacy and confidentiality with knowledge of pertinent legislation • French/English Bilingualism is an asset