News & Events
Description of the role
Working to promote Bethesda’s values, vision and mission statement, the Supervisor will report to the Manager, Finance and perform various financial tasks related to the ongoing operations Bethesda. The Supervisor will also supervise other finance positions involved in the day to day operations of Bethesda.
• Supervise the finance staff to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and overall excellent customer service
• Ensure ongoing training of the finance team as appropriate
• Prepare month end journal entries and accruals
• Complete month end account reconciliations
• Verify expense allocations across various departments
• Prepare monthly financial statements for senior management
• Analyze monthly variances to the budget
• Create various reports and analyses in Microsoft Excel
• Participate in the design, implementation and management of financial processes and internal controls
• Communicate effectively with managers across the organization
• Assist the auditors during the audit of financial statements
• Organize individual tax returns, receiving mail from Canada Revenue Agency (“CRA”) and review for balances owing, CRA requests, liaise with Community Volunteer Income Tax Program
• Utility account review for changes, new accounts, issues, etc.
• Purchase Order System updates as required (addition of new accounts and departments, etc.)
• Working with Bethesda’s credit union to add new accounts, approvals, update corporate signers and user permissions
• Keep financial documents organized
• Ensure all financial controls are followed
• Deliver high-quality customer service
Qualifications • One (1) to three (3) years of experience • Business Administration or Accounting degree is required • CPA designation is preferred • Willingness to work with CPA mentor to work toward and obtain CPA designation • Knowledge of accounting systems, QuickBooks preferred • Strong skills using Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word • Excellent understanding of accounting and financial transactions • Attention to detail • Organizational and multitasking abilities • Excellent verbal and written communication skills • Reliability and strong work ethics • Strong problem solving and decision making abilities • Excellent time management skills • Ability to work well in a team environment Satisfactory disciplinary and attendance records are required. French/English bilingualism is an asset.